Guidelines for Minor Studies

The Department offers the following minors to students of the University.

Please observe the following guidelines for enrollment to the Minor Studies offered by the Department before submission of your declaration of minors:

  1. The Minor Studies in CAH require a completion of at least 15 or 18 credit units. Students must fulfill the requirements of their enrolled Minor(s) before graduation.
  2. Students are not allowed to claim a Minor in the same academic area as their Majors.
  3. Students must follow the procedure and registration period as stipulated by the Academic Regulations and Records Office (ARRO) for declaration of minor(s).
  4. The CAH Department reserves the right to approve or not to approve an application for enrolment in a Minor.
  5. Students must obtain a grade point at 1.7 or above in all courses of their Minor(s) in order to qualify for the Minor award.
  6. Credit Transfer up to 6 credit units is allowed for Minors. Normally, credit transfer will only be allowed for coursework undertaken at a recognized university.
  7. Course exemption will generally not be allowed for Minors. However, students of minor in Japanese or Korean studies may apply for course exemption for parts of or all language courses by sitting a placement test. The credit units of exempted course(s) will be based on the result of the placement test as approved by the minor coordinator. However, students of cohort 2010 or after must complete the courses of Group B/Category 2 of the minor to replace the exempted course(s) in order to fulfill the minor requirements. Students planning to apply for course exemption should consult the minor coordinator for further details.
  8. The CAH Department reserves the right to offer courses of the Minors according to available resources and adequate demand in the semesters.
  9. The CAH Department reserves the right not to offer undersubscribed courses.


Last updated: 10 August 2018