Dr. Zheng received her Ph.D. from City University of Hong Kong in Chinese Linguistics. Her research interests lie primarily in Chinese dialectology (Yue and Min in particular), historical linguistics and computer-assisted phylogenetic models in the history of Chinese languages. The results of her finding appear in journals including Lingua and Yuyanxue Luncong. She currently teaches Chinese linguistics at the Department of Chinese and History. Previously she held a research position in Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Zheng, Zhijun. 2018. A new proposal for Min subgrouping based on a maximum-parsimony algorithm for generating phylogenetic trees. Lingua. Volume 206: 67-84. (SSCI) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lingua.2018.01.008
- Zheng, Zhijun and Bit-Chee, Kwok. 2017. The subgrouping of Southern Min dialects spoken in Eastern Guangdong粵東閩南語的分群. Yuyanxue Luncong [語言學論叢 Essays on Linguistics], Volume 56:120-142. Beijing: The Commercial Press. (CSSCI)
- 郑至君 (2016). 陆丰闽南语的归属. In 《东方语言学》编委会, & 上海师范大学语言研究所 (Eds.), 东方语言学 (Vol. 16, pp. 52-60). 上海: 上海教育出版社.
- Zheng, Zhijun and Bit-Chee, Kwok. 2016. Some problems on the reconstruction of Proto-Min nasal initials原始閩語鼻音聲母的構擬問題.. In New Horizons in the Study of Chinese Languages, Dialectology, Grammar and Philology漢語研究的新貌：方言、語法與文獻. Ed. by Andy Chin et al., 413-428. Hong Kong: T.T. Ng Chinese Language Research Centre, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Zheng, Zhijun. 2017. A case study on language contact: Hong Kong Cantonese prefix “Ah”: based on the Linguistic Corpus of Mid-20th Century Hong Kong Cantonese, presented in the 22nd International Conference on the Yue Dialects. Hong Kong: Education University of Hong Kong, Dec 8-9.
- Zheng, Zhijun. 2016. The historical position of the Lufeng Min dialect, presented in the 28th North American Conference on Chinese Linguistics (NACCL -28). Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, May 5-8.
- Zheng, Zhijun. 2014. The subgrouping of Southern Min dialects in Eastern Guangdong, presented in the Annual Research Forum of Linguistic Society of Hong Kong. Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong, December 6.
- Zheng, Zhijun and Bit-Chee, Kwok. 2014. Proto-Min nasals revisited, presented in the International Symposium “China and the West: cross-linguistic perspectives”. Beijing: Beijing Foreign Studies University, April 12-13.
- Session Chair, the 28th North American Conference on Chinese Linguistics (NACCL -28) (2016-05)
- Member, Linguistic Society of Hong Kong 香港語言學學會2012-present
- Member, The Philological Society (London) (2013-present)
Last updated: 16 April 2018