Before joining City University, Dr. Zhang taught in Lingnan University. What Dr. Zhang is working on include: the connection between Zhu Xi’s exegesis of The Book of Odes and literary culture of Song dynasty, the reception of classical Chinese literature in the English-speaking world, and the history of Chinese poetics and literary criticism.
- Chinese Literary Criticism
- Great Works in Classical Chinese Literature After Sui Dynasty
- Great Works in Classical Chinese Literature Before Tang Dynasty
- Selected Readings in Chinese Language & Literature
- Topics in Tang Poetry
- “TheReception of Zhu Xi’s Conception of Bi-xing in the Qing Dynasty,” in Yeol-sang Journal of Classical Studies vol.47 (Oct., 2015): 477-513.
- 〈《詩經》在17—18世紀英國的流傳〉，《歷史文獻研究》第35輯，上海：華東師範大學出版社，2015年10月，頁53-72。“The Shijing in the 17th Century and 18th Century England.”
- 〈中西比較視野下的中國詩學：從劉若愚到余寶琳〉，載《當代比較文學與方法論建構》，上海：復旦大學出版社，2014年5月，頁176－183。 “Chinese Poetics and Chines-Western Comparative Perspective.”
- “A Revisit of Zhu Xi’s Systematic Fu-bi-xing from His Discussion on Bi,” in Fudan Journal (Social Sciences), 56 (2014.1): 88-99.
- 〈朱熹興論的思想背景〉，黃霖、周興陸編《視角與方法》，南京：鳳凰出版社，2013年8月，頁473－481。“Zhu Xi’s Conception of Xing and Its Background.”
- “The Configuration of Lyric Subject in Du Fu’s Playful Poems,” in Yangtze River Academic (Wuhan University), 2011.3: 36-44.
- “The Study of Wang Wei in the English World,” in Literature and Culture Studies (Nankai University), 2011.1: 46-52.
- “A Comparison Between Wai-lim Yip and Stephen Owen,” in Theoretical Studies in Literature and Art, 2009.4: 57-63.
- “Re-examination of Zhu Xi’s Sanjing Sanwei,” in Studies in the Book of Odes, vol.16, pp. 342-353, Beijing: Academy Press, 2009.
- “Zhuxi’s Views on Fu, Bi, and Xing,” in The Transmission and Transformation of Chinese Culture, ed. Wong Wang Chi, Daniel P. L. Law, and Leung Yuen Sang, pp.237-249. Hong Kong: the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2009.
- “Three Types of Anglo-American Scholars’ Studies in Chinese Literary Theory,” in Theoretical Studies in Literature and Art, 2008.1: 21-26.
- Review of Love and War in Ancient China: Voices from the Shijing, in Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies 77.3 (Oct 2014): 624-625.
- GRF 2015-2017 Zhu Xi’s Literary Thought and Literary Culture in Song China（11602215）
- SRG Project “A Comprehensive Collection and Examination of English Translations of Classical Chinese Literary Theory.”
- SRG Project “Anglo-American Sinologists’ Studies of Traditional Chinese Literary Thought: Comparison of Their Translations and Compilation of Annotated Bibliography.”
Last updated: 15 August 2016